Monday, January 16, 2012

Update 1/16

First I want to note, this blog will be "blacked out" on Wednesday 1/16 in protest of the SOPA bill. 
I have a couple ways it will be blacked out which I will test before Wednesday. I am planning on a complete outage, but if Blogger won't allow, then I will simply remove public access to the site.

Filled out a volunteer application at a local no-kill shelter. It had a long check list on various things they need help with, but I only opted for dog walking/exercise. I will start with that and go from there. Orientation is the weekend after next.

Finally had a bowel movement, the first in about four days. I already feel like shit, not being able to shit doesn't help.
Luckily no blood in the shit. Maybe the internal hemorrhoids have healed. Won't know until they bleed again.

Either MS has fucked with my body so much it can barely take a shit on it's own, or all the stupid fucking medications I am being given are causing constipation. I have had meds in the past cause constipation within a day or two of starting it, and I have had constipation during and after exacerbations, so it is hard to say what is fucking me up right now. I can say MS is the root. Without it I wouldn't be taking any medications in the first place. (prior to MS, I wouldn't even take an aspirin for a headache)

I stopped taking Mobic, Ativan and Cymbalta yesterday. Mobic is a anti-inflammatory that I started taking during last exacerbation. Don't think it was doing anything.
Ativan does nothing. Its supposed to have immediate results and does't do shit. Called my PCP on Friday to let him know and see what he wanted to do. Did not hear back from him.
Cymbalta is an anti-depressant, and regardless of needing one, the withdrawal symptoms are really bad and I wanna just get off it now so I don't have to deal with them later. I am not suicidal so any feeling of being down and out is the norm anyways...

I made these changes without consulting with my doctor(s) first. Obviously this is not recommended. Fuck it.
I will update my current medications list in the next few days if nothing comes up. I will be down to Gilenya, Zanaflex (as needed) and Cannabis (as needed).

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are going to walk dogs!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited about it. One of the only things I have gotten excited about in a while.
      Looking forward to being around some dogs and getting the fuck out of here for a few hours a week.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great plan. X

    ReplyDelete