Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Exacerbation 12/21

Turns out that I am having an exacerbation.
I woke up today with the worst pain I have experienced in my life. My back is killing me, I cannot move any direction, or even sit without feeling the pain. There is no comfortable position period.
I went to my chiropractor this afternoon, he could feel my back muscles were very stiff, and the left side of my back was having spasms, which I cannot feel because of the pain. He concluded that the pain I am experiencing was MS related and not anything he could adjust.
We attempted the traction table which separates the vertebrae to allow calcium to enter and help rebuild the cartilage. I do this every time I go there with no problems, but today the pain was so much I stopped within a minute of being on the table. He then used cold laser therapy which did nothing.
I called my neurologist when I got home to report the issue. The PA called me back and discussed the issue. They believe I am having an exacerbation, or at the beginning of one.
They gave me the option of going to hospital to get IV steroids but I opted for the oral medication.
I was prescribed Prednisone which I have taken earlier this year with my last exacerbation.
I was also prescribed Mobic (Meloxicam) for pain and also Cymbalta for pain.

This is the last fucking thing I need right now. I cannot sit or lay down. I am in a lot of pain.
Is this everyone's idea of it getting better?

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, my friend!!! I hope the medicine will make you feel better very soon. Can you do anything to keep you distracted from the pain while you wait for it to work? Is your girlfriend there with you?

    In my thoughts I am with you!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no distraction for this pain. I slept maybe an hour last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really don`t need this!!
    If the medication don`t work quite soon I hope you will get steroids. I am thinking of you a lot, and hope you pain will end very soon.

    Sending lots of love your way
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started Prednisone which is a steroid, its an oral steroid. It seemed to work well last time I used it back in May. I just didn't want to be in the hospital every day for the next week getting stuck with needles...
    Merry Christmas eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it getting better? Or do you feel the same?
    Merry Christmas...maybe not. But I hope at least you can get relief from your pain and be able to enjoy the days with your girlfriend.
    Wishing you all the best!!
    K

    ReplyDelete